Sunday 1 April 2012

The MBA Decision...

Inspired by a thread created by threestripes over at the GMAT Club, I've decided to chronicle my journey as a b-school applicant.  I am in the tough position of having an admission offer in hand from an amazing school, as well as a waitlist offer from Duke Fuqua (a school I sincerely fell for during the interview process).  Ultimately, the decision comes down to taking a sure thing or taking a gamble.


On one hand the application is a long, difficult, expensive and stressful process that I look forward to putting behind me.  On the other hand, I've grown and learned so much from the application process last year that I'm a better b-school prospect than I've been in the past.


The analytic part of me loves Fuqua - by the numbers Fuqua has incredible placement stats in the most attractive post MBA industries, and has higher expected graduate salaries.  


But the truth is I'll ultimately make my decision based 'fit' (MBA for completely subjective gut feel).

No comments:

Post a Comment